Friday, October 14, 2011

And Then There Were Seven

The next couple of years brought changes to my little world that rearranged life as I knew it. At twelve years old, through means of adoption, I gained two new sisters; Diane, who was nine and Lynn, who was six. Suddenly, our family had grown to seven and our little house seemed much smaller than it had previously. There is a lot to tell about these two girls that came into my life back then, but that will come later.

During the summer of my transference into the teenage years, Mom and Dad gave me some unwelcome news that had a dramatic effect on the next several years of my life. I was to leave behind the school and the friends I'd grown comfortable with and transfer to a private, religiously affiliated school. This turned out to be a traumatic adjustment for a thirteen year old boy. That's not to say it didn't work out in the final analysis, because during the next five years I made some really good new friends and there were some great experiences by the time graduation day arrived. Some of these experiences will be shared in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment